Do you receive a lot of unsolicited calls and messages? If you live in Nigeria, this is the order of the day; we receive tons of these unwanted calls and SMS from our mobile network providers, strange numbers and short codes we never opted in for. Today, I’ll be showing you how you can block these calls and messages on your Windows phone.
How to block callers and messages
- Go to “Settings”
- Scroll down to “call + SMS filter”
- Switch the option on with the button on the top right corner.
Block A Number
Now head over to your call history, make sure the number you want to add to your blacklist is on the log.
Press and hold the number to block till option pops up (See image below). Select “block number…” and that’s it.
Go to “Messaging”
From the messages in your inbox, look for the last message from the number you like to block. Press and hold the number till option pops up then select “block number…” like you did above (See image below)
Note: Yo can block up to 1,000 numbers using this filter. Take a step further by turning off “App Live Tile” and “Notifications” from the advanced option (See Image below)
If you have found this tip useful, kindly share this article with your friends. Do you have a way of blocking calls and SMS on your Windows, Android or iOS phone? Kindly share the tips in the comment box below.
Thanks for stopping by. Together, we can build the largest network of creative writers in Nigeria.
- Free eBook: How To Effortlessly Buy and Ship To Nigeria From The United States. - November 26, 2015
- Black Friday is Upon Us; Here’s How To Take Advantage - November 26, 2015
- November 2015: 5 Things To Get You Excited - November 10, 2015
- How To Use A 3G Internet Modem On Your Android Device - October 23, 2015
- Konga Means Business! Take Advantage of #MegaMondayMadness and KongaPay - October 11, 2015