1. Ververewards.com: Earn up to 8% cashback when you shop online and in select stores with your Verve Card. In case you do not know, cashback means that you get part of the money you pay back. The Participating merchants are as follows:
Afritickets, Jumia, Laterna, Medview Airlines, Park n’ Shop/Spar, Supermart, The Yellow Chilli, Cool World, Justrite, Make Me, Montaigne Place, Pep Stores, SWIFT, Travelstart, Game Store, Konga, Mall for Africa, Mopheth Pharmacy, SIMS, The Filmhouse Cinemas, Twice As Nice. This Promo is valid from the 1st of December 2014 to 18th of January 2015.
2. Shop online: Whether you are shopping abroad or here in Nigeria. There are amazing offers and deals at this time of the year. Stores like Amazon, Ebay and ASOS will make you go wow!
You can also check out amazing Jumia offers
3. Compare price: When you see an offer in a store or online, compare the price with that of a rival store. You might be shocked that you can get the same products at a cheaper rates somewhere else,
4. Use coupons: This is one of the oldest and most potent ways of saving money not only during festive periods but all year round. Coupons are special Codes you’ll enter when checking out of your favourite online stores.
Retailmenot is a very reliable source of coupon codes from around the globe. They also provide you links to exclusive offers. There are other coupon providers out there but Retailmenot have always met my need. You can also subscribe to their mailing list if you do regular shopping abroad.
5. Subscribe to Mailing lists: Subscribing to the mailing lists of your stores or website keeps you abreast of the latest offers and coupons. Many websites send their subscribers or people who have special membership exclusive offers, deals and coupon codes. If you don’t like receiving too much emails, this might turn you off.
6. Create a Shopping list, have a budget and now when to stop shopping: Yes, it’s good to take advantage when you see crazy offers but you do not have to buy what you don’t necessarily need.
7. Re-gift old or unused presents: Do you have a new item that you have not used? Those items you have lying around at home will definitely meet someone’s need. When you do this, you are not dipping into your pocket to buy gifts for your loved ones. If you receive so many gift this festive period, you can also give a few out to your friends; including me.
8. Watch out! Some merchants do play on buyers’ intelligence. Do you know that some sellers might label some items “Sale”, “Clearance”, “50% off” or other sales gimmick whereas the price remains the same or in some cases more expensive than usual.
Others sell at insanely cheap prices but most of items are fake products that were imported by some dubious and unscrupulous importers. BEWARE!
Do you have any tip for our readers on how to save money this festive period? Leave your comments below.
IMAGE CREDIT: VerveRewards
There's love in sharing, don't forget to share this article with your friends and family.